Every semester, the Grainger College of Engineering hosts the Engineering Research Fair. The research fair is held at the beginning of the semester to showcase the variety of research across the College and to provide resources to undergraduate students, including information about research opportunities on- and off-campus.
Undergraduate research is a high-impact best practice in undergraduate education. Research experiences help transform students into scientists and engineers and prepare them for graduate and professional schools. Through research experiences, our students become part of the research community, engage in mentored research, and connect with other undergraduate researchers. They also develop technical, communication, and interpersonal skills.
Spring 2023 Engineering Research Fair
The Grainger College of Engineering is hosting the 6th Spring Engineering Research Fair is on February 2, 2023 at Illini Union Rooms A, B, and C. The event is an opportunity for presenters to:
- Recruit undergraduate students for research opportunities
- Expose students to various science and engineering research and connect them with the research community
- For researchers (undergrads, grad, postdoc) to present their work
We are currently looking for representatives from research labs/groups, centers/institutes and/or programs to present about their work, conduct a demo, or talk about undergraduate opportunities. Sign up TO PRESENT deadline is January 25, 2023.
Registration to ATTEND the Research Fair is now open!
DISCOVER undergraduate opportunities, LEARN about science and engineering research, and CONNECT with the research community.
- Interested in doing research? Representatives from research groups, centers, and programs will talk about their work and/or share information on undergraduate opportunities. Look for the ORANGE cards that indicate they are recruiting students to join their group.
- Looking for funding opportunities? Program directors and coordinators will provide information about fellowships, scholarships, and internships your students may be eligible for.
- Asking about resources and facilities? Experts on research safety will help address concerns and issues. Staff scientists from research facilities will present cutting-edge research instrumentation that are available to researchers.
Not sure about doing research? Drop by the fair and explore possibilities!
For inquiries, please email Tasha Mamaril (Associate Director for Undergraduate Research) at firstname.lastname@example.org.