Every semester, the College of Engineering Deans Student Advisory Committee (DSAC), Office of Research, and Undergraduate Programs Office hosts the Engineering Research Fair in Illini Union Rooms ABC. The research fair is held at the beginning of the semester to showcase the variety of research across the College and to provide resources to undergraduate students, including information about research opportunities on- and off-campus.
Undergraduate research is a high-impact best practice in undergraduate education. Research experiences help transform students into scientists and engineers and prepare them for graduate and professional schools. Through research experiences, our students become part of the research community, engage in mentored research, and connect with other undergraduate researchers. They also develop technical, communication, and interpersonal skills.
The research fair is an opportunity for research groups/centers
- To share information about the research lab/programs
- To recruit undergraduate research assistants/interns
- For undergraduate and graduate students to present their research
- To inspire undergraduates to do research and pursue graduate degrees
If you are seeking ways to connect with undergraduate students, we encourage you to sign up to present in the research fair!
Call for Presenters: Fall 2021 Engineering Research Fair
The Grainger College of Engineering is hosting the Fall Engineering Research Fair on September 30, 2021 from 4:00 – 6:00 PM. The fair is an opportunity to:
- Recruit undergraduate students for research opportunities
- Expose students to various science and engineering research and connect them with the research community
- For researchers (undergrads, grad, postdoc) to present their work
We are looking for representatives from research labs/groups/centers to present their research and/or talk about research opportunities. Please encourage your students/teams/groups to participate in the research fair.
To sign up, kindly complete this short form by September 15, 2021: https://forms.illinois.edu/sec/1139620601
For inquiries, please email Tasha Mamaril (Associate Director for Undergraduate Research) at email@example.com.