The Mentoring Undergraduates in Science and Engineering (MUSE) Program is designed to foster mentoring relationships. The program aims to network undergraduate students with graduate students and to facilitate mentor-mentee relationships based on a common research interest. Participants define their own goals and the direction of the mentoring relationship.
To learn more about how to apply for this program, please visit our Application Process page.
- Learn about graduate school and application process
- Learn about research and what it involves
- Seek advice on particular research projects that are for a class or professor
- Learn and participate in research that the mentor’s advisor is doing
- Shadow your mentor to learn about the “Life of a Graduate Student”
- Receive general advice about different avenues after completing undergraduate degree
- Must be a University of Illinois Student
- Must be enrolled in the Grainger College of Engineering